Monday, May 12, 2014

New Old China Cabinet

 

china cabinet

 

Back to the dining room!  This is my “new” old china cabinet that I purchased from the local auction.  Before I had a smaller curio style cabinet here but I want a taller piece with a little more storage that would match the table.

 

fleur de lis accent on china cabinet

 

I love the fleur de lis detail on the doors!

 

china cabinet in dining room

 

Having this taller dark piece seems to anchor the room.  I displayed some silver pieces on top which even gives it more height.  Yes, I have cleaned my silver since this pic was taken!  My mom made me aware that I all had to do now was clean the silver!  Thanks, Mom!

 

china cabinet in dining room

 

china cabinet

 

I had to bring a little coastal touch to this room with a big bowl filled with shells for the centerpiece!  Love it!

 

Sharing with:

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life

Open House @ No Minimalist Here

Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

The Scoop Link Party @ Confessions of a Plate Addict

Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home

Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground

Furniture Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

10 comments:

  1. looks great! I'm not very good at keeping my silver pieces cleaned either, so I keep them hidden!!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine were all hidden but I decided I wanted to enjoy them even if they were tarnished! So I started displaying pieces and using them in the décor!

      Delete
  2. I think it looks good. I have a similar cabinet that is now in the sunroom and is a "bookcase" rather than a china cabinet but they are quality furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, I just told my mom this last week! She has a china cabinet that she is not using but said she needs a bookcase and I told her to use it! Sometimes, we have to think outside of the box!

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous find and just the perfect size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful piece Tammy. I guess I had better not show your mom my silver :D They are all tarnished. By design... I luv them that way.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful piece, Tammy! It looks so stately in your dining room. And the silver is beautiful, even if it isn't polished. The patina adds character!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely a beautiful piece Tammy and truly deserving of its place in your wonderful Dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a classic look, and definitely great storage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful piece of furniture! Perfect for that space, Tammy! Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~